- Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams
- James Cameron: Before Avatar … a curious boy
- Andrew Stanton: The clues to a great story
- Legendary blues singer Etta James will be remembered
- Leonard Cohen on “Hallelujah”
- Morley sings “Women of Hope”
- Jane Fonda: Life’s third act
- Benjamin Zander on music and passion
- TED Talk: Dan Dennett, on our consciousness
- Dan Gilbert asks, Why are we happy?
- 2011 Getty Best News Photos Of The Year from Around The World
- The World Needs “Childish” Thinking.
- Kathryn Schulz: Don’t regret regret
- Intimate Images of Afghanistan
- Musical Muscle
Zen of Seeing, Creativity, Spirituality, Photographers, Meditation
Category Archives: Uncategorized
James Cameron’s big-budget (and even bigger-grossing) films create unreal worlds all their own. In this personal talk, he reveals his childhood fascination with the fantastic — from reading science fiction to deep-sea diving — and how it ultimately drove the … Continue reading
Filmmaker Andrew Stanton (“Toy Story,” “WALL-E”) shares what he knows about storytelling — starting at the end and working back to the beginning.
The matriarch of the blues, Etta James, whose iconic songs include At Last, and Something’s Got A Hold On Me, has died in southern California. Her manager, Lupe De Leon, said the singer died early Friday at Riverside Community Hospital in Los … Continue reading
This is a short clip from a much longer interview. Here he talks about arguably his most famous song.”Hallelujah” written by Leonard Cohen was first released on Cohen’s studio album Various Positions in 1984. While initially the song had limited success it … Continue reading
Inspired by Aung San Suu Kyi’s call to action, “If you’re feeling helpless, help someone,” Morley composed this song. She sings it at TEDxWomen in her gorgeous, warm voice.
Within this generation, an extra 30 years have been added to our life expectancy — and these years aren’t just a footnote or a pathology. At TEDxWomen, Jane Fonda asks how we can think about this new phase of our … Continue reading
ABOUT THIS TALK: Benjamin Zander has two infectious passions: classical music, and helping us all realize our untapped love for it — and by extension, our untapped love for all new possibilities, new experiences, new connections. Since 1979, Benjamin Zander … Continue reading
Why We Should Listen to This Speaker: … Continue reading
An amazing collection of images. A photo gallery of some of the best Getty news photos of the year from around the world. 2011 was a year of many interesting visual events, from riots, stages collapsing, tornadoes, massive snow storms, … Continue reading
We’re taught to try to live life without regret. But why? Using her own tattoo as an example, Kathryn Schulz makes a powerful and moving case for embracing our regrets.