- Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams
- James Cameron: Before Avatar … a curious boy
- Andrew Stanton: The clues to a great story
- Legendary blues singer Etta James will be remembered
- Leonard Cohen on “Hallelujah”
- Morley sings “Women of Hope”
- Jane Fonda: Life’s third act
- Benjamin Zander on music and passion
- TED Talk: Dan Dennett, on our consciousness
- Dan Gilbert asks, Why are we happy?
- 2011 Getty Best News Photos Of The Year from Around The World
- The World Needs “Childish” Thinking.
- Kathryn Schulz: Don’t regret regret
- Intimate Images of Afghanistan
- Musical Muscle
Zen of Seeing, Creativity, Spirituality, Photographers, Meditation
Author Archives: whether_or_not
An amazing collection of images. A photo gallery of some of the best Getty news photos of the year from around the world. 2011 was a year of many interesting visual events, from riots, stages collapsing, tornadoes, massive snow storms, … Continue reading
Child prodigy Adora Svitak says the world needs “childish” thinking: bold ideas, wild creativity and especially optimism. Kids’ big dreams deserve high expectations, she says, starting with grownups’ willingness to learn from children as much as to teach. A prolific … Continue reading
We’re taught to try to live life without regret. But why? Using her own tattoo as an example, Kathryn Schulz makes a powerful and moving case for embracing our regrets.
Photographer Monika Bulaj shares powerful, intimate images of Afghanistan — of home life, of ritual, of men and women. Behind the headlines, what does the world truly know about this place?
Charles Limb: Building the musical muscle Charles Limb performs cochlear implantation, a surgery that treats hearing loss and can restore the ability to hear speech. But as a musician too, Limb thinks about what the implants lack: They don’t let … Continue reading
“Everything is a subject. Every subject has a rhythm. To feel it is the raison detre. The photograph is a fixed moment of such a raison detre, which lives on in itself.” … Continue reading
Changing Your Perspective Most often changing your perspective, or the way you see the world, can be as simple as changing your perspective. It has been said “that life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Having adventures and being … Continue reading
Changing Your Life Whether you want change in your life or not, you can be certain changes will occur. The only thing that might not be as certain is how quickly or slowly it might occur. There are events that … Continue reading
Creation and Reality The precise instant of creation is when you choose the subject. (meaning that the essential thing occurs at the moment when he, the photographer, meets the reality he wishes to capture. -Brassai (Hungarian Photographer/Artist-began photographing the night … Continue reading